REQUEST FOR FELLOWSHIP APPLICATIONS FOR THE MASTER'S PROGRAMME IN NUCLEAR SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY FOR THE 2022/2023 ACADEMIC YEAR
09 May 2022
The IAEA in collaboration with the School of Nuclear and Allied Sciences (SNAS), University of Ghana and the Department of Nuclear and Radiation Engineering, University of Alexandria, Egypt, both recognized as AFRA Regional Designated Centres for Higher and Professional Education in the African region, hereby launches the next session of the Masters fellowship training programme in Nuclear Science and Technology. The Programme is scheduled to start during the academic year 2022/2023. This programme will be implemented within the framework of AFRA project RAF0062: Supporting Human Resource Development in Nuclear Science and Technology- Phase II (AFRA).
The eligibility criteria for this AFRA Master programme are the following:
· Candidates should be citizens of the nominating Member State;
- Be 35 years old maximum at the start of the training programme;
- Complete the attached application form of the AFRA Fellowship Programme;
- Have a Bachelor Degree (BSc) in Science, Physics or Chemistry;
- Application forms must be submitted with a copy of the following documents:
- BSc degree;
- University transcripts;
- A medical certificate from a certified physician confirming their physical fitness to undertake the course of study; If fellowship is granted, the candidate will submit another medical certificate prior to departing for training;
- Candidates should show evidence of bonding to go back to work in his/her country upon completion of the programme;
- Candidates who are currently being trained under an IAEA fellowship training (short or long term) or have accepted an IAEA fellowship award will not be considered;
- Applications from female candidates and those from Least Developed Countries (LDCs) are highly encouraged.
The completed application form of one candidate duly signed by the AFRA National Coordinator, together with copies of his/her BSc degree and university transcripts should be submitted no later than Thursday 30 June 2022 to Ms Fiona Winch Email: F.Winch@iaea.org with a copy to Mr Mickel Edwerd Email: M.Edwerd@iaea.org..
Should you require more assistance, please call our office on 2812986 or 4303222.