The winners for the second edition of the Seychelles Human Resource Development Award are:
Agency for Social Protection
Department of Social Affairs
Seychelles Revenue Commission
Four Seasons Resort Seychelles
Cable & Wireless Seychelles
Seychelles Civil Aviation Authority
Seychelles Ports Authority
Winners of Individual Awards of excellence are:
- Excellence in Employee development: Island Development Company
- Excellence in employee engagement: Seychelles Port Authority
- Excellence in graduate Development: Seychelles Breweries Ltd
- Excellence in HR Technologies: Seychelles Civil Aviation Authority
- Excellence in leadership Development: Cable & Wireless Seychelles
- Excellence in recruitment and retention strategy: Seychelles petroleum Company
- Excellence in Performance management: Seychelles Public Transport Corporation
- Excellence Workplace well-being: Kempinski Seychelles Resort
The SHRD Award was created in 2011 with the idea of encouraging and sharing best practices among HRD practitioners so that a database of good practices could be created and a network between Human Resources of different organizations could exist.
In conjunction with the HRD Audit, the SHRD Award is a way to evaluate the status of HRD in different organizations and to ensure that the standards set, locally as well as internationally, are met.
The objectives of the SHRD Award are to:
A) Sensitize stakeholders on the importance of HRD in their respective organizations.
B) Encourage HRD in workplaces.
C) Recognize and reward organizations which demonstrate excellence in HRD implementation.
The first edition of the Award held in 2012 saw the involvement of 14 organisations participating under 4 categories namely; medium public organisations, large public organisations, medium private organisations and large private organisations. The winners and runners-up for each category were as follows:
medium public organisations
Seychelles Ports Authority
Seychelles International Business Authority (SIBA)
large public organisations
Seychelles Civil Aviation Authority (SCAA)
Seychelles Public Transport Corporation (SPTC)
medium private organisations
Le Meridien Fisherman’s Cove
large private organisations
Cable and Wireless
Mason’s Travel Services
For the second edition which has already started there is a total of 18 organisations, some of them will be participating for the second time. The list of participating organisations in no particular order are as follows:
- Agency for Social Protection
- Seychelles Petroleum Company ltd.
- Seychelles Public Transport Corporation
- The Police Force of Seychelles
- Islands Development Company Ltd.
- Seychelles Bureau of Standards
- Seychelles Ports Authority
- Seychelles Planning Authority
- Seychelles Civil Aviation Authority
- Department of Social Affairs
- Four Seasons resort and Spa
- Seychelles Revenue Commission
- Airtel Seychelles
- Seychelles Trading Company Ltd
- Seychelles Breweries Ltd.
- Kempinski Seychelles Resort
- Le Meridien Fisherman’s Cove
- Cable and Wireless